Zhob attackers were from Afghanistan: FO
Zhob attackers were from Afghanistan:
The Foreign Office spokesperson said three terrorists involved in the July 12 attack, had been identified as Afghan nationals. “Three terrorists who attacked the Zhob cantonment belonged to Afghanistan’s Kandahar province,” the FO said.
In a statement, the spokesperson said the Afghan Embassy in Islamabad has been asked to receive the bodies of Afghan terrorists.
The FO said that continued involvement of Afghans in terrorist activities in Pakistan and the use of Afghan soil for terrorism in Pakistan was a matter of concern and condemnable.
On July 12, five security officials were martyred, and five terrorists killed in an encounter in the Zhob area of Balochistan.
The fighting took place when terrorists attacked a check-post in Zhob cantonment. Five terrorists were sent to hell during the operation. However, four soldiers who while fighting gallantly got critically injured earlier, succumbed to injuries and embraced shahadat taking the death toll to 9.