Get the Latest News Updates

Indian writer changes the truth about Kashmiri’s death in IIOJK

ISLAMABAD: In a leaked audio call, Indian journalist Munish Sharma asks one of his colleagues to lie about the death of Mukhtar Hussain Shah, a resident of Indian Illegally Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IIOJK) who died in police custody on April 27.

The call has shown that India is cruel and breaks people’s rights in the contested valley.

In the leaked recording, Sharma could be heard telling Balkar Singh from the Amar Ujala newspaper in Samba town to write a story about the incident to cover it up.

Indian media say that Shah was taken into custody on April 21 so that the Indian police could question him about an attack in the Poonch district that killed several Indian troops. He was freed for a short time, but then he was called back to be questioned on April 26. However, he died soon after.

People from the town of Mendhar in the district of Poonch shut down the road to protest his death.

The family of a 48-year-old man who died after being named as a suspect in the Poonch attack case has called the magisterial probe ordered by the puppet IIOJK government a “official cover-up,” according to The Wire, an Indian news source.

Mukhtar Hussain Shah’s family said that the order of the magisterial inquiry was “full of discrepancies” and asked for a court investigation into his death.

“The order sounds like someone is trying to hide the truth. It’s a joke. Rafaqat Hussain Shah, the brother of the person who died, said, “We don’t agree with it, and we want a court to look into it.”

“Rafaqat said that Mukhtiar’s back and thighs had ‘bruises’ and ‘black marks’, which suggests that he was tortured while in prison. “If he did something wrong, let the detectives tell everyone what happened. He was quoted by The Wire as asking, “Why are they trying to hide the truth?”

When asked about the case, Rohit Baskotra, the Senior Superintendent of Police in Poonch, hung up the phone. When asked about the case, Poonch Deputy Commissioner Inder Jeet said that he no longer had control over it because he had been moved out of the area.

On a video on Mukhtar’s phone, he spoke incoherently and broke down several times while saying that he, his family, and the neighbors were tortured after the attack.